3.01.2011

Martha wouldn't approve...



Even though these cupcakes were
AMAZING,
I may have taken a shortcut 
and might have messed up the frosting a bit...

Regardless, they were outstanding.

Here's how I did it.



Cookies and Cream Cupcakes

First I started with one of these...
Devil's Food Cake mixes.
Oh, the shame...


I baked them into 12 extra large cupcakes and set them to the side.


Then I whipped up a batch of 


and prepped the cupcakes to be piped with this delicious stuff



Next it was time to make the frosting.

I made a basic buttercream:

3 cups powdered sugar

1/3 cup butter

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

About 2 tablespoons milk  

and then when it was all mixed up I added some Oreo Cookie crumbs...



I would advise you to stir the crumbs in with a spoon JUST until combined.
I added them into my stand mixer and well,
the frosting ended up a questionable color...


After your frosting is finished, it's assembly time.
Pipe on your buttercream and garnish with half a cookie.



Alright, so I took a shortcut or two,
but I dare you to try these and tell me they're not
TO DIE FOR.








No comments: