4.27.2011

Girly Gift Bags

As I mentioned in previous posts
this past weekend my girlfriends and I had a much needed
GIRLS TRIP!


Since I knew much of our time would be spent lounging around 
Maggie's adorable lakefront home,
I figured I would put together a little bag full of goodies for the girls
perfectly suited for being girly & cozy.

The components of the bag could easily be used for a spa party
or a bachelorette party, or even a sleepover party.

Here's how I did it.


First I started with all of this...
(mostly dollar section finds!)




I printed out some labels and adhered them to store bought gift bags
(also in the dollar section)




I found the coveted fuzzy socks for sale at Michael's 


and I rolled them up with cutsie ribbon - one for each bag!





Some lipgloss....



a mini-pedi set...



some lace panties...



Lavender lotion
(.75 cents in the travel section!)


a little fabulosity...




and of course, the good stuff!
(substitute wine for juice if it's a kids party)


Had to snazz them up a bit!



With a little sharpie and some rhinestones
 I monogrammed some plastic wine tumblers I found at Target,


and it all went into the bag which I finished off with some tissue
and these cute little initial tags I found
(in the dollar section)
at Michael's!


They were a big hit! 
AND SO EASY ON THE WALLET!!



How simple, huh?
Who knew how much great stuff you could find for a buck!?

Hope you enjoy!
Where else could you use a little gift bag like this?

3 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

How fun!! I want to be your friend ;). I bet they all loved it. Love all of your little details, too.

Meghan McCann said...

Thanks Katie!! They were a success indeed. I think everyone immediately put on their fuzzy socks :)

Creativechaos said...

Those gift bags are super cute. I agree, I'd love to be you friend. I made my APO (fraternity) Easter baskets. I didn't think to blog about them. Bummer.

Amanda