2.13.2013

corner solutions

So, I know I STILL haven't shown any house tours,
but it's probably because even after a gagillion hours of "rehab"
and a serious update, it still doesn't feel complete enough to share.

Case in point, the kitchen.
At it's current state it's 100% better than it was, 
but my dream of a big white kitchen (on a budget) looks amateur and DIRTY.
Also, as the rest of the home has developed, the color palette is all wrong.

So, like any design minded lady crazy person,
I'm planning a complete overhaul (still on a budget)

Out with the white cabs and in with the moody grey!
Open shelving, breakfast nooks, wood backsplash and 
a MUCH SMALLER, "built in" fridge are on the agenda.

One of my many hurdles is this awkward, unusable corner I'm trying to mend.
Storage shouldn't be taken away, but for a cute enough option, I'm willing to knock something down :)

Here's what I'm talking about:


The new Craigslist fridge will be the same or only slighter deeper than the counter, 
and were planning on creating a "built in" look to be able to better utilize the uppers.

(Inspo pic from John + Sherry)


Still, the awkward corner seems dark and unusable.  
What should I do to make it better?


lose the doors and add some pretty storage like these?



lose the cabinets altogether and insert a little appliance garage?


rig up some window-facing storage?



make a little nook for cookbooks?



maybe just leave it alone and add some extra storage/organization on the outside?


I mean, let's be real, if there was no budget we'd be working with something like this:




{1}  {2}  {3}

So QUICK! What do you think? I'm off for paint/fabric samples...TODAY!
xoxo








1 comment:

Buff said...

NO to the cookbook storage...all recipes needed are on your iPad or phone...

I like the appliance garage idea, if there is an outlet to be had in there.