8.11.2010

Bix 2010

Happy Wednesday, Ya'll!

Today I want to share with you some pictures from my family's celebration at this year's Bix.
The Bix is a 7 mile race in Davenport, IA in honor of legendary jazz musician, Bix Beiderbecke.



My Aunt Marypat lives just outside of Davenport and we always have a fabulous weekend
filled with family, laughter, and a beverage or two.



This year we even got to tour a local pig farm, and the biggest blessing of all
was having little Grady Patrick along for his first Bix!!






My cousin Michael and I drove up in the BLAZING HOT HEAT.



We arrived and promptly began to stare at Grady and all his silly faces.




The next morning was an early start
(Todd loved his new shorts I got him for the race)


After the race we met up with everyone to compare times 
and enjoy the festival bloody's.






When we got home we went for a tour of a local pig farm
It was so interesting and the baby pigs - ADORABLE!!







The celebrations were well under way when we got back at Marypat's house!



All in all it was a great year!

What are your family traditions?



No comments: