8.04.2010

Party on, Wayne.


It's a week of new beginnings!
I'm so excited!
From now on, Wednesdays will be a party day, featuring a celebration of some sort or another.

Today I'm going to show you all the 
ADORABLE shower my mom and I threw my big sister, Liz.




My sister Liz lived on Nantucket for a few years after college
and has always been a little prepster, so we ran with this Nautical Theme
which we thought worked well since at the time we didn't know what she was going to have.

I sent out this MegMac Custom Invite:


We decorated in Red, Navy, and Light Blue and 
believe it or not most of our decor was from...the...dollar store!

I made all of the fun bite sized food which was classic American fare in teeny tiny form.


Little Pigs-in-a-blanket, Pulled Pork Sliders, Chicken Salad Boats, Tortellini Skewers,
Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Cupcakes, and Mini Apple Pies!

The guests really loved the food and decor!



We set up a calendar with a pink and blue marker so guests could
write the sex and weight they thought the baby would be on the day they thought he would be born.
Pretty fun, especially for a betting family like mine...



It was a gloriously HOT day 
(which you can never me too sure of in May in Chicago)
so we were all happy to be able to sit in my Mom's gorgeous back yard.



It was a really great day and Liz was truly showered with LOVE.



(Were normally much better looking, but I'm telling you...IT WAS HOT!)




and here is that little bundle of Joy, the day after he was born 
(July 9th, 2010)


I had such a fun time planning this shower, and can't wait to show you 
more celebrations in the future!




No comments: