7.19.2011

Cakeballs.

Contrary to popular belief, I DON'T live under a rock
and I DO understand that Cakeballs are nothing new.

I have, however, noticed that every time I tote this delicious little morsels with me
someone asks how I made them.

So here's how I do it:


First you gotta bake a cake.
Any cake, any recipe, anyway
I usually bake it in a 13X9 but it literally doesn't matter cause after you bake it...



...and it has cooled...



you crumble it into a bowl.
Yep, get it in there.






then whip up your favorite homemade frosting...







..and throw that in there too.







Now for a cake-ballers (yes I did just call myself that) most prized possession...




Scoop (the well combined mixture) into balls on a wax paper/tinfoil lined baking sheet
and put them in the freezer. 
You should do it for at least an hour, but I often do this portion the day ahead of time 
and pick up where I left off the next day.
Your call.






When you take them out of the freezer, roll them into smooth balls 
with the palm of your (clean) hands.







Melt your chocolate.
focus your camera







Dip.




 


Decorate.





Display.







Devour.


Cake balls are easy, delicious, portable, and pretty fun to come up with combos.
Here are some others I've done.
Try and see if you can figure out what my favorite decorating technique is....



Watermelon Cakeballs






Strawberry/Vanilla - Mother's Day





Carrot/Cream Cheese - Eatser




Brownie Balls - Chili Cook-Off.







Yellow/Chocolate - Wylie's Look Hoo's Two Party







Various - Christmas




Yellow/Chocolate - Thanksgiving







Chocolate/Nutella/Peanut Butter 






Spice/Cream Cheese - Grady's Rustic Baptism




Do YOU cakeball? 





8 comments:

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

Oh yum! Cake balls are amazing! Red velvet cake ones are my favorite! I like your icing design! :)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Okay maybe I am living under a rock..because I have never had a cakepop!! Buuut I have had cake haha! Your turned out so cute! Thanks for the great how-to!

Cat said...

Yum! You are a cake baller supreme :) Never gave these a go ... yet but they look easy and turn out so pretty :)

♥ Cat brideblu

lizzie said...

oh my goodness! i am so excited to try this.

xo, lizzie

Bel said...

I DO cakeball. Eat them, that is. The frosting looks absolutely heavenly!

<3 Belly B

birdie to be said...

Those look delish! Great post!

Anonymous said...

I always think they are so cute but have never tried them. You make it look easy. I will have to give it a try. xo

Kat said...

I don't cake ball, yet. I'm stuck on one recipe for a chocolate cake. I need to branch out and make these because they look great!!! I love your design on the top!!